Wanted to do the whole week, but only have time for tonights game.Wanted to do the whole week, but only have time for tonights game.
Obviously I'm picking the Steelers. I still think it won't be that close of a game. Why?
- Mike Mularky, Phins OC. Was the Steelers OC, left to be a head coach. Lost his job, and got demoted to OC again. The Steelers know his offense, well.
- Dom Capers, , Phins DC. Was the Steelers DC, left to be a head coach. Lost his job, and got demoted to DC again. The Steelers know his defense, and he isn't in his comfort zone. Dom is a 34 defense guy, working with a 43 unit.
- The phins defense isn't that great. The secondary is in shambles. The DEs are good, but they are playing against one of the top lines in the league. The LBs are good, but I wouldn't call them 'great'.
- The Steelers D, on the other hand, is still almost entirely their superbowl defense. A replacement of FS and an improvement on a 34 DE. The secondary is the deepest since the Rod Woodson days, which will protect from the pass, well. The LB core is still solid, and still the reason why the Steelers will (again) be tops against the run.
- The Dolphin's D planned against Ben Roethlisburger. Now they have to plan against Charlie Batch. Game plan changes can be bad.
- The only weakness is Charlie Batch, and he's not much of a weakness. The WR core that people think is so thin is actually very very deep. They had to drop Quincy Morgan and Lee Mays from the team. That's a good WR and a WR thats been on the team for years and knows the plays. Both players were getting paid dirt... and they couldn't make it to the FIFTH STRING RECIEVER!
- I don't think Culpepper is fully back from surgery. He was a bit gimpy in the preseason, and hasn't faced a pashrush like the steelers, yet. I see mistakes from him.
- The Dolphins are thin at reciever. Their O-Line was good, last year, under Scott Linehan, who made the Vikings a good unit the years before, but the year before, they were terrible. Will Mularky be able to keep them solid??
Anywho, I can go on, but its 4, and I've been here since 7... I'm going home to prep for the game...