First, check out this site for the coding language and stuff (uses its own language "unrealscript" that's OO).First, check out this site for the coding language and stuff (uses its own language "unrealscript" that's OO).
OK, I've got features, but not an overall idea, yet.
For those that have halflife, you might want to check out the Day of Defeat Mod, cause a lot of my ideas come from there.
- Team environment
- World War 2 atmosphere: especially like in france and poland (or Stalingrad Russia), where buildings are falling apart due to invasion. Places to hide and peer out of.
- Team Spawn - Respawn happens once every N seconds. For example, if N = 10 (although, I think the minimum will be like 20. I want dying to mean something), then every 10 seconds, every dead person respawns. So the max you'd have to wait is 10 seconds (minimum is instantaneous, if your lucky), but everyone that died will all return when the 'respawn' happens. This is tough to explain, but its how "Return to Castle Wolfeinstein" works.
Another possibilities is to only respawn after next objective is met (like a 'reinforcement').
- Realistic weapons: especially a distinct lack of semiautomatic weapons. Using stuff like 'bolt-action' so you just can't run out firing at everyone. Automatic weapons should have a strong enough kick that you can't run while firing (plus its tremendously inaccurate, like the tommygun).
- Prone - the ability to lay down and crawl around (slowly).
- This idea doesn't seem together or worth it at the time being: Ranks - given to the better players each round (team environment, so the high ranks have 'command' functionality). Ranks also allow you to disperse weaponry?? (an idea I'm not comfortable with, yet).
- Winning is capturing areas - You have to have X number of players in an area for Y amount of time, with no enemies touching the area to capture the area. Enemies can cap it back using the same formula. Goal is to capture all the areas (like advancing the line...)
- Winning also with different methods - protect VIP, destroy object, protect object, assassinate VIP, etc...
- Explosive/Destructive objects - More of a mappers job, but the ability to destroy (with the proper amount of firepower) any and all objects in the game. May be an 'objective' or 'secondary objective'.
That's all the ideas I can remember. If I have more, I'll add them. If you are interested in joining the mod, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me your opinions on each item (whether you hate it or like it. Don't worry, I looove constructive criticism), and give me your input on what you'd like to see!
Addendum: Some ideas implemented above.