Copyleft has redone all their pages, so it only makes sense that we get some new T-Shirts up there too. So we're going to try to do a contest for some new designs. I'm going to serve as Judge (and god am I ruthless judge) on this one, and the Winner (or Winners if there are several good entries) will get the fame and glory of having their names and designs displayed here... as well as a $100 credit at Copyleft. Hit the link below to read the specifications.
- Fronts and Backs are good, but not required
- Designs that will work on different colored shirts are good (black/white/grey)
- Large lossless formats are preferred (PNG is nice, jpeg's will be ignored) Bitmapped images ought to be fairly large (100-200 DPI) so that they print nicely. I better be able to view it on Linux, so don't go sending me a Freehand file or something. If ya gotta use some other platform for an illustration, I don't care, but I'd prefer seeing a Gimper win (are you listening tigert?!)
- I prefer if you email me a URL with the image, but I'll also take attachments (although if you gotta send attachments, you might want to send me a lower quality preview image so you don't lock my ISDN line up for 5 minutes while I download your 8 meg tiff)
- I'm gonna judge. Sure we ought to have a poll or something, and if I have time, maybe we will, but I'm going to make the final decision- and I am anal about this stuff. Friends and family of Blockstackers are eligible, but no 1/8th size clones of ruthless evil masterminds bent on global domination please.
- Suggestions: witty slogans, use of #006666 green or the curve, the Caliseo font, avoid using something that is copyrighted by another company (we don't wanna get sued!), good clean simple design- I'm a geek, but I'm an artsy guy too!
- We'll pick winners in a week or 2.
I'm looking forward to seeing what ya'll come up with. This ought to be fun. Besides, its sorta like doing your part to keep geeks clothed. Nobody really wants to see me running around naked. Well, maybe somebody, but I bet he/she doesn't look like Heather Graham...