Tasha26 (1613349) writes "So it's been in the news and on Slashdot that Apple's iphone allegedly infringes 10 of Nokia's patent. Since that number was so precise, I did some digging up within the official complaint and here's the list of infringements:
1. Patent 5,802,465: Data transmission in a radio telephone network.
2. Patent 5,862,178: Method and apparatus for speech transmission in a mobile communications system.
3. Patent 5,946,651: Speech synthesizer employing post-processing for enhancing the quality of the synthesized speech.
4. Patent 6,359,904: Data transfer in a mobile telephone network.
5. Patent 6,694,135: Measurement report transmission in a telecommunications system.
6. Patent 6,775,548: Access channel for reduced access delay in a telecommunications system.
7. Patent 6,882,727: Method of ciphering data transmission in a radio system.
8. Patent 7,009,940: Integrity check in a communication system.
9. Patent 7,092,672: Reporting cell measurement results in a cellular communication system.
10. Patent 7,403,621: System for ensuring encrypted communication after handover
Gee, I guess those folks at Nokia are really feeling the profit squeeze resulting from customers shifting to iPhones and Blackberries, and the recession on top of it!"
Link to Original Source