Beta
×

Welcome to the Slashdot Beta site -- learn more here. Use the link in the footer or click here to return to the Classic version of Slashdot.

Thank you!

Before you choose to head back to the Classic look of the site, we'd appreciate it if you share your thoughts on the Beta; your feedback is what drives our ongoing development.

Beta is different and we value you taking the time to try it out. Please take a look at the changes we've made in Beta and  learn more about it. Thanks for reading, and for making the site better!

Laptop battery fire kills five

Flu (16236) writes | more than 4 years ago

0

Flu (16236) writes "Four children aged 1 to 9 and their mother died from the toxic smoke, likely caused by an overheated laptop battery, as the battery caught fire late one night. The state forensic laboratory begun an investigation after the fire and today published their results. The remains of the computer was however so devastated that neither brand or year of manufacture could be determined.

The house lacked smoke-detector, and the laptop had most likely been placed on a coach when it caught fire.

The link is autotranslated using google translate, but the original (in Swedish) is here."

Link to Original Source

Sorry! There are no comments related to the filter you selected.

Check for New Comments
Slashdot Login

Need an Account?

Forgot your password?