Welcome to the Slashdot Beta site -- learn more here. Use the link in the footer or click here to return to the Classic version of Slashdot.

Thank you!

Before you choose to head back to the Classic look of the site, we'd appreciate it if you share your thoughts on the Beta; your feedback is what drives our ongoing development.

Beta is different and we value you taking the time to try it out. Please take a look at the changes we've made in Beta and  learn more about it. Thanks for reading, and for making the site better!

Man dies of caffeine overdose

morgan_greywolf (835522) writes | more than 3 years ago

Idle 3

morgan_greywolf (835522) writes "A British man died after poisoning himself with two spoonfuls of caffeine powder bought over the internet, local media reported Friday.

Michael Lee Bedford, 23, from Mansfield, central England, was at a party in April when he swallowed caffeine powder that a friend bought online for £3.29 ($5.26), Nottingham Coroner’s Court heard Thursday.

He washed the powder down with an energy drink, and around 15 minutes later began sweating and vomiting blood. He later died at King’s Mill Hospital in Nottinghamshire, central England, the Nottingham Post reported."

Link to Original Source

Sorry! There are no comments related to the filter you selected.

Deadly, deadly deadly on the label label label (1)

bigredradio (631970) | more than 3 years ago | (#34101458)

After reading the article (shocking I know), it would appear that the labeling was not all that great. Noting that this product will KILL YOU if you take too much would be a good idea.

hmmm (1)

Schmyz (1265182) | more than 3 years ago | (#34101538)

so the next time you see the flyer for the rave at the local starbucks...think twice.

Kid from Mansfield does something daft; news at 11 (0)

Anonymous Coward | more than 3 years ago | (#34102314)

Basically, Mansfield is our Florida.

-- anon (from over the border in Derbyshire)

Check for New Comments
Slashdot Login

Need an Account?

Forgot your password?