EnergyScholar writes "Modern COINTELPRO is largely about controlling Internet discussions, through fair means or foul. This leaked document describes some of the standard techniques spies use to manipulate Internet discussion groups. Observant readers may have spotted some of these techniques being used to manipulate the Slashdot crowd. This author certainly has. Knowledge is Power! Forewarned is Forearmed! The article discusses these points:
1. COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum
2. Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation
3. Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist
4. How to Spot a Spy (Cointelpro Agent)
5. Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression"
Link to Original Source