As an amateur musician and amateur programmer, these are my five core beliefs:
1. Information, including recordings, should not be withheld for financial reasons.
2. Society generally benefits as information becomes more free.
3. It is wrong to sabotage new technologies, even when they conflict with a business model.
4. Copyright violation is not the equivalent of theft.
5. Unjust laws should not be obeyed.
Consider them nailed to the church door. If anyone wants to dispute them, you know where to find me.