Cliff hasn't submitted any stories.
R2-D2, Rebel Leader?
My Most Recent "Oh, Cool!" Moment
"Love is a matter of timing. It doesn't matter if you find the person who is right for you, if it's too soon or too late."
- Mr. Chow
2046 by Kar Wai Wong
For me, no words ever spoken on film have had more truth than this.
A New Week. Please God Let It Be Less Interesting...
Adding Insult to Injury...
It's Nice to Be Alive...
[I'm generally not one to write about myself, but I figure last night was interesting enough that I'd share. There are quite a few lessons I've learned from this.
1) Never trust high current devices to a surge protector, no matter how good it is.
2) Invest in smoke alarms with good coverage of your home. To be honest, the one in my room wouldn't have saved me from a fire, but it might have kept me alive if I had been sleeping.
3) Sometimes insomnia has its advantages]
Utterly Lame Shock Value -- (Lost Spoilers)
Washington 52 - San Francisco 17
To Telemachus... (and a small word from the author)
[POLITICS: Florida, 2004] Oh, no.....
POLITICS - Backgrounding Equity
Collaborative JE Fiction
- As stated, let's start off with a short story to see how well this works. Depending on the number of participants, we'll do [n] chapters of [n] parts, where [n] is the number of participants. If we get a large number of folks interested in this, we'll limit the number of chapters to 5-10 -- whatever you guys decide.
- Anything goes in the genre. It will be interesting to see how it starts and how well some of us can weave our characters together into a cohesive plot.
- Anything goes with your own characters. Treat them as you see fit, however no writing out someone else's characters. You can back them into a wall, but leave the owner a way out (and we're all friends here -- I hope -- so in the interest of drama, if you write a cliffhanger, please communicate with the character owner your intent). Characters whom their creators wash their hands of are free game.
- We can lay out the story chapters in several different ways. For consistency, however, each part from each different participant will start off as a comment in the journal that starts each chapter. As each part is fleshed out and adjusted in the comments, the JE entry that holds the chapter will be updated with the new text.
- Chapters can appear here, or we can alternate who starts what chapter among the participants in the comments attached to the previous chapter.
- Let's get the arrangement and clarifications out of the way, first, before we officially start writing anything.
- I would have liked to open this up to everyone, but in the interest of focus, I've marked this journal as "Friends and FoFs" -- this will probably be the recommended setting for each chapter unless the majority of you feel differently.
That's all I can think of right now. Let the discussion begin. I'll update this JE with suggestions, ideas and conclusions that get hashed out in the discussion.
Have at it, everyone! :D
So far so good, 3 people have expressed interest:
- Em Emalb
An Inventory of Misleading BushAdmin Quotes on a .Gov Site!
And While We're Admiring the Witful Pen of Mr. Morford...
Oh, Dear -- The Things You Can Find in the Bible...
...Is this true? Are there actual verses decrying gay marriage? Are they anything like those other Biblical verses, about the rules and regulations surrounding marriage that are making the rounds on the Net right now? Real verses. Actual verses. Verses o' sanctimonious fun. Have you seen them?
Like this: "Marriage shall not impede a man's right to take multiple concubines in addition to his wife or wives." (II Sam 5:13; I Kings 11:3; II Chron 11:21).
Or maybe: "A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be stoned to death." (Deut 22:13-21) Isn't that cute? Isn't quoting Bible verse fun? Ask your local pastor about that one. ...
Thank God (pun, intended), for the New Testament.
As the differences between New and Old Testament show, things change, ust like things are changing now. Hopefully these changes, in whatever form they finally settle into, are for the better.
The Zen Garden of Content Style Sheets
Hop on board the Jungle Train
24 hour Drum 'n Bass, on the net.
And let's not forget, a long-time fav of mine:
If anyone knows of other streams that play a decent selection of Atmospheric Jungle, Darkstep, Breakbeat, or similar, please let me know.
This has been a Public Slashdot Announcement. If you hear the sound of deep, thruming bass, do not be alarmed. The system is working as intended.
Did I Wake Up on the Wrong Planet, Today?
Democrats -- Remove the Kid Gloves, NOW!