Beta
×

Welcome to the Slashdot Beta site -- learn more here. Use the link in the footer or click here to return to the Classic version of Slashdot.

Thank you!

Before you choose to head back to the Classic look of the site, we'd appreciate it if you share your thoughts on the Beta; your feedback is what drives our ongoing development.

Beta is different and we value you taking the time to try it out. Please take a look at the changes we've made in Beta and  learn more about it. Thanks for reading, and for making the site better!

Comments

top

NASA's Manned Rocket Contract: $4.2 Billion To Boeing, $2.6 Billion To SpaceX

Le Marteau Re:Grand delusion (115 comments)

If you're not mad you're not paying attention.

8 hours ago
top

Google's Megan Smith Would Be First US CTO Worthy of the Title

Le Marteau Re: Does this office need Congressional approval? (117 comments)

The name of the country is the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

It is a democracy or a republic only in name. It is in fact an absolute monarchy.

about two weeks ago
top

Google's Megan Smith Would Be First US CTO Worthy of the Title

Le Marteau Re: Does this office need Congressional approval? (117 comments)

A perfect example of why a democracy was the LAST thing the founders of the country wanted. They designed it as a Republic.

about two weeks ago
top

33 Months In Prison For Recording a Movie In a Theater

Le Marteau Re: The real crime here (465 comments)

> Fake violence, like two guys punching it out, clearing the air and getting on with no lasting harm and no festering resentment.

A punch can bring serious injury or death. It's serious business, and the law recognizes it as such.

If someone won't stop punching you, people who carry weapons can use them in their defense.

about two weeks ago
top

Google's Megan Smith Would Be First US CTO Worthy of the Title

Le Marteau Re:Does this office need Congressional approval? (117 comments)

It's cute how you completely ignore that there are people who would 100% vote FOR a person because they were a woman and/or gay. Those on the left ADORE such people. I suspect the support FOR such a person is, these days, approaching the level of the bigotry AGAINST such a person so as to cancel each other out.

Similar is the harping on the left about the racism Obama overcame to become elected, completely ignoring the racism that worked FOR Obama, who achieved about 95% of the black vote. This put him over the top... most white people did not vote for Obama (feel free to look it up), it was the fact that black people voted as a block and almost exclusively for him that the man is now president.

about two weeks ago
top

Why Women Have No Time For Wikipedia

Le Marteau Re: Obvious Reason (579 comments)

Women actually put as much effort in to impressing others of their own gender, actually. Sometimes more.

about three weeks ago
top

The Executive Order That Led To Mass Spying, As Told By NSA Alumni

Le Marteau Re:Different era (180 comments)

> So, umm, what's your take on Obama openly ignoring the law...Why do I think it's not going to be, "Fuck Barack Obama"?

Why do I think you are a fucking retard who did not even bother to completely read what I said.

I said :

> He ignored my representative, therefore, he ignored ME by proxy. I didn't take kindly to such things then, and I don't take kindly when Obama does it now.

about three weeks ago
top

The Executive Order That Led To Mass Spying, As Told By NSA Alumni

Le Marteau Re:Different era (180 comments)

> Ollie North - Marine helping to get weapons to Contras so they can kill communists. Good.

Congress said "don't do it". North ignored the will of congress, which represents the people. And in doing so, therefore ignored the will of the people. He ignored my representative, therefore, he ignored ME by proxy. I didn't take kindly to such things then, and I don't take kindly when Obama does it now.

The man was no patriot. He was an outlaw. Fuck Oliver North.

about three weeks ago
top

NASA Telescopes Uncover Early Construction of Giant Galaxy

Le Marteau Re:Construction? So you are telling me there is a (25 comments)

Not all of us believe "God" is anthropomorphic. Some of us (e.g. Einstein, who is considered a pantheist) have more expansive definitions.

about three weeks ago
top

Net Neutrality Is 'Marxist,' According To a Koch-Backed Astroturf Group

Le Marteau Re:What's so American (531 comments)

> Net neutrality is about securing that everyone gets equal access to services

Everyone does not need equal access.

Do you think everyone needs the same speed? Does your grandmother need the same speed as an MIT researcher?

Same priciple for package delivery. Do you think everyone needs their package overnight? Or are there different needs.

Same principle for travel. Do you think everyone needs a supersonic transport, or are some fine with taking a Greyhound.

Different tiers of service are part of a free market. Even if it is not Marxist, Insisting on one tier of service for data is certainly not free market and is opposed to the principles of a free society where free people are able to enter into contracts to provide and obtain the services they desire to suit their needs. Not a "one size fits all" scheme such as net neutrality.

about three weeks ago
top

Net Neutrality Is 'Marxist,' According To a Koch-Backed Astroturf Group

Le Marteau Re:What's so American (531 comments)

> Net neutrality is about preventing illegal censorship.

Actually, it's about getting the FCC involved in regulating the internet. Start by getting them regulating something only a Koch brother would oppose, such as "Net Neutrality". Currently, we have the spectacle of people BEGGING the FCC to come in and DO something!!!! Because the FCC has done such a FABULOUS job regulating teh airwaves, we just HAVE to get them involved in the Internet!

Actually, it's about stifling future innovation. I can easily imagine new technology sometime in the near future which requires blazingly high pings. Perhaps a massively distributed neural net kind of thing, done over the internet. But the traffic for this innovation will be limited to the speeds the derps across the street use for their cat videos.... they will not be able to pay for such speed, even if they want to, no matter what the requirements of their innovation require, they will be limited to the speeds your grandmother gets for her gardening forum.

But by all means, beg the FCC to regulate the internet. Get them involved. What could go wrong?

about three weeks ago
top

Ebola Quarantine Center In Liberia Looted

Le Marteau Re:Forget the Purple Hearts (359 comments)

> They aren't called "Arabic numerals" for quaintness.

Actually, they are. Literally.

"It should be noted that the Arabic numerals were neither invented by nor used by the Arabs. They were developed in India by the Hindus around 600 A.D"

http://www.mediahistory.umn.ed...

about a month ago
top

Rosetta Achieves Orbit Around Comet

Le Marteau Re:In Orbit? (54 comments)

It will use thrusters to maintain orbit, because the gravity is indeed insufficient:

"Rosetta will have to continue to fire its thrusters every few days to maintain a hyberbolic orbit at 100km above the rotating rock. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scie...

about a month ago
top

Rosetta Achieves Orbit Around Comet

Le Marteau Re:Doesn't an orbit require gravity? (54 comments)

You are correct. The gravity is insufficient. So I looked it up.

They will basically "drive" the probe around the comet, firing thrusters as needed. After a bit, they will "drive" it onto the surface, then:

"As Philae touches down on the comet, two harpoons will anchor it to the surface; the self-adjusting landing gear will ensure that it stays upright, even on a slope, and then the lander's feet will drill into the ground to secure it to the comet’s surface in the low gravity environment. Philae carries 9 scientific instruments, including a drill to sample subsurface material." ( http://www.esa.int/Our_Activit... )

 

about a month ago
top

Google Spots Explicit Images of a Child In Man's Email, Tips Off Police

Le Marteau Re:Well at least they saved the children! (790 comments)

> And thats the catch no one seems to be talking about. An influenced chain of evidence can break entire cases simply because the police cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the evidence was not tampered with/planted.

Google provided probable cause for a warrant. That's all that's required from the Google evidence. From that warrant, they found stuff on his tablet and phone. THAT's what's going to nail him to the wall. NOT the Google evidence.

about a month and a half ago
top

Finding Life In Space By Looking For Extraterrestrial Pollution

Le Marteau Re:Advanced? (95 comments)

Pollution occurs wherever there is life.

about 2 months ago
top

Netflix Reduces Physical-Disc Processing, Keeps Prices the Same

Le Marteau Re:Why do you want pieces of plastic (354 comments)

> Netflix's primary focus should be on getting their streaming catalog to match their DVD catalog.

In which case the streaming service would cost at least $50/month.

People expect FAR too much from what is an $8/month streaming service. The DVD service is cheap because you can only get a handful of DVDs at a time, but with streaming, you could watch 24/7... 12 movies a day, 360 movies a month.

The way to look at Netflix streaming is, as if it were a channel, not an archive. With a channel, you look at the channel, and decide if you want to watch what the channel is offering. If you take Netflix streaming to be some kind of archive, you'll end up trying to search for random movies which will leave you a raging mess, as is seen so often when discussing the service.

about 2 months ago
top

Apollo 11 Moon Landing Turns 45

Le Marteau Re:Not going to happen again any time soon (211 comments)

What are calld "Arabic" numbers are more properly called "Hindu-Arabic" "Hindu-Arabic" numerals were invented by Hindu mathematicians in India thus called "Indian numerals" by Persian mathematician Khowarizmi. They were later called "Arabic" numerals by Europeans, because they were introduced in the West by Arabized Berbers of North Africa.

http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/un...

about 2 months ago
top

Dealing With 'Advertising Pollution'

Le Marteau Re:i'm glad to work for free (418 comments)

> So at the least, the game rachets up a notch.
At the worst, adblock's days are numbered.

Next up: adblockers which don't actually block the ad... they'll play it in a sandbox or some such... the user just won't see it.

about 2 months ago

Submissions

top

Chilean Quake May Have Shortened Earth Days

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 4 years ago

Le Marteau (206396) writes "The Feb. 27 magnitude 8.8 earthquake in Chile may have shortened the length of each Earth day.

JPL research scientist Richard Gross computed how Earth's rotation should have changed as a result of the Feb. 27 quake. Using a complex model, he and fellow scientists came up with a preliminary calculation that the quake should have shortened the length of an Earth day by about 1.26 microseconds (a microsecond is one millionth of a second).

Perhaps more impressive is how much the quake shifted Earth's axis. Gross calculates the quake should have moved Earth's figure axis (the axis about which Earth's mass is balanced) by 2.7 milliarcseconds (about 8 centimeters, or 3 inches). Earth’s figure axis is not the same as its north-south axis; they are offset by about 10 meters (about 33 feet)."

Link to Original Source

Journals

top

Cain and Race

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 2 years ago

I'll tell you what... I'm getting pretty tired of people bringing the "color of his skin" issue up with this guy Cain. Tired of it because it's so oversimplifying the issue as to make it become a fiction... a construct.

Of COURSE there are people who just see the color of someones skin or their race, and attribute certain things to them. Those people are in the distinct minority (I would say 3 to 5% of the population), and could be objectively classified as mentally deficient.

It's not that simple as "race".

It's about CLASS. Why people are unable to make that leap in logic is beyond me. This fixation with "race"... I don't know what's up with that, and why people are stuck on that, when it's obvious it's all about class for 95% of people.

Do people REALLY believe that their opponents are racist? Do they not really understand that they are actually classist? I honestly don't know.

top

All I know about conspiracies

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 3 years ago

1) Many if not most of the truly world-changing events were the result of conspiracies (assassination of Julius Caesar... the founding of the USA... stuff like that for e.g.)
2) Because the most ludicrous theories get the most press for some strange reason, the general public tends to automatically consider conspiracy theories == come from kooks.
3) I suspect that SOME truly whack conspiracy theories are being put into the public gestalt in order to camouflage the actual conspiracies, and to discredit conspiracy theories in general (that sounds like a conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories. hehe)

top

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 3 years ago

... about thinking Obama is a douche bag, is that douche bags agree with you. It would me much easier if the "cool kids" thought he was a douche, too.

In other words, there is nothing worse than having idiots agree with you, for the wrong reasons.

Yes, I have factored in the possibility that I may be one of the douche bags. That comes with the territory.

top

Coding question

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find some code (preferably, in Perl, Java or Javascript) that can return, for a passed latitude/longitude, whether it is daylight or nighttime?

top

My god, I am bored. Same shit, different day, pretty much

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 3 years ago

I see the show downs, slow downs, lost and found, turn arounds
The boys in the military shirts
I keep my eyes on the prize, on the long fallen skies
And I don't let my friends get hurt
All you back room schemers, small trip dreamers
Better find something new to say
Cause you're the same old story
It's the same old crime
And you got some heavy dues to pay

I'm a space cowboy
Bet you weren't ready for that
I'm a space cowboy
I'm sure you know where it's at
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Now where DID I put my bong. It's pissing me off.

top

STFU

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 3 years ago

"[Terrorists] are going to continue to probe the system and try to find a way through," Napolitano said in an interview that aired Monday night on "Charlie Rose."

"I think the tighter we get on aviation, we have to also be thinking now about going on to mass transit or to trains or maritime. So, what do we need to be doing to strengthen our protections there?"

In other words, the boogie man is going to get us, unless this bitch has her way and gets us doing the "TSA Tango" on all forms of mass transportation.

I did the math. About 10,000 people die in the USA every day. Not quite as dramatically and on purpose, for sure, but still, for fucks sake, get a grip already.

I'm about ready to forget 9/11... this "Never Forget" bullshit is growing old. I, for one, am ready to forget.

top

Body-scanner protest could slow holiday air travel at airports

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 3 years ago

Protest organizers call on fliers to decline the full-body scan, as they are allowed to do under TSAregulations. Those who decline are then searched by hand, with a TSA officer patting them down, including between their legs and across their chests. The pat-down searches take longer than the screening machines. Though the protest website disavows an intention of slowing the screening process to a crawl, many of those supporting the protest say that is how the government will get the message that travelers do not approve of the scanning machines.

Yawn.

Somebody needs to put a big ol' honkin' kielbasa in their pants, long enough so it goes down one of their legs a fair bit, and go for the frisk. That'll give TSA boy something to grope.

It could make Drudge Report. Someone's going to do it, and that'll be their ten minutes of fame.

I wish I had the balls.

And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said fifty people a day walking in to the screening area with a kielbasa in their pants, singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant... And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

And that's what it is , the Alice's Restaurant "Feel my keilbasa, TSA Boy" Movement, and all you got to do to join is put a kielbasa in your pants next time you fly around Thanksgiving.

top

Fucking Matt Drudge

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 3 years ago

His headline:

"Spielberg picks British actor to play Lincoln"

OK, I'll click on that. Yes, I am that bored.

I was expecting some story about Hugh Laurie, or something. Turns out it is Daniel Day Lewis.

Oh my.

Seems to me he has no issue portraying Americans before. Quite masterfully, actually.

That's an exciting choice. Can't wait.

Matt, I'll continue to check your page. But god almighty, you can be a retard sometimes.

Damn, what a great choice for Lincoln.

top

Wasn't Ronald Reagan an actor?

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 3 years ago

This quote deserves a place near the top of the list of Sara Palinisms.

"I mean, 'Bozo, something?'" would be something Tina Fey would say, doing her schtick on SNL.

From Peggy Noonan's column on the WSJ. Emphasis mine.

Conservatives talked a lot about Ronald Reagan this year, but they have to take him more to heart, because his example here is a guide. All this seemed lost last week on Sarah Palin, who called him, on Fox, "an actor." She was defending her form of political celebrityÃï½Â½Ãï½ÂÃÂÂreality show, "Dancing With the Stars," etc. This is how she did it: "Wasn't Ronald Reagan an actor? Wasn't he in 'Bedtime for Bonzo,' Bozo, something? Ronald Reagan was an actor."

Excuse me, but this was ignorant even for Mrs. Palin. Reagan people quietly flipped their lids, but I'll voice their consternation to make a larger point. Ronald Reagan was an artist who willed himself into leadership as president of a major American labor union (Screen Actors Guild, seven terms, 1947-59.) He led that union successfully through major upheavals (the Hollywood communist wars, labor-management struggles); discovered and honed his ability to speak persuasively by talking to workers on the line at General Electric for eight years; was elected to and completed two full terms as governor of California; challenged and almost unseated an incumbent president of his own party; and went on to popularize modern conservative political philosophy without the help of a conservative infrastructure. Then he was elected president.

The point is not "He was a great man and you are a nincompoop," though that is true. The point is that Reagan's career is a guide, not only for the tea party but for all in politics. He brought his fully mature, fully seasoned self into politics with him. He wasn't in search of a life when he ran for office, and he wasn't in search of fame; he'd already lived a life, he was already well known, he'd accomplished things in the world.

Here is an old tradition badly in need of return: You have to earn your way into politics. You should go have a life, build a string of accomplishments, then enter public service. And you need actual talent: You have to be able to bring people in and along. You can't just bully them, you can't just assert and taunt, you have to be able to persuade.

Americans don't want, as their representatives, people who seem empty or crazy. They'll vote no on that.

It's not just the message, it's the messenger.

This Palin girl seems to have learned her history on daytime TV, or something. But that's covering old ground.

Ms. Noonan's point was dead on, though. I have a hard time voting for a candidate who has not actually
DONE anything, besides, perhaps, work for the gumbent and maybe taught at school. We have plenty of politicians who have literally done nothing more than work for the government all their adult years.

Why people fall for these guys lines is disheartening to me. I fear it is too late for this country... it is our "decline and fall". I hope I am wrong, but all the signs are there, for students familiar with the concept of nations and empires having a rise, a glory, and a fall. And I am unable to see what is happening these days as anything but the decline and fall of the American Empire. I can't see it turning around... the electorate has been so conditioned to accept that men of no real accomplishment are fit for the highest position in the land.

top

Denver Post converts "La Raza" to "holding hands"

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 3 years ago

If you post on the Denver Post's forum, and use the word, "La raza", once submitted, "La Raza" becomes changed to "holding hands".

Been happening for weeks. People have said stuff. Still no word from there IT, or management, as to why La Raza gets converted to "holding hands"

top

Catholic School Boots Boy For Long Hair

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 3 years ago

Teh story

An excellent education for this kid.

The priesthood is not your friend, little dude.

Jesus would agree. Hopefully, this kid knows where to draw the line, and gets with the program, before 'they' arrest him and nail him to a cross for being a rabble-rouser.

   

top

Free sleeping pills. This deal kicks ass.

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 4 years ago

Going to sound like spam. Oh well. But this is seriously a good deal.

"Free Lunesta" Yeah yeah yeah, Big Pharma sleepers. You can't tell me anything I don't already know about how evil they are, so save your breath... I'm far too gone.

http://www.lunesta.com/lunesta-kit/lunesta-savings.html?iid=RHC_lunestaSavings

With that deal, they covered my $50 co-pay, so the pharmacy basically gave me the pills. And they'll keep doing that for a year.

They work for me. The don't work by making me feel sedated per se, but somehow, they do make me fall to sleep. I think they're amazing, and they get my seal of approval for the times when you really need some sleep, but can't get it naturally.

top

Network

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 4 years ago

"I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad." - Howard Beale.

"Yeah, but they'll laugh at you, mock you, and call you a 'no good shit' . Much better to conform, unless you are a masochist. I recommend the latter, personally." - Me

top

Crash the Tea Party

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 4 years ago

http://www.crashtheteaparty.org/

I think they are going to shoot themselves in the foot. Seems to me the last thing they would want is for whenever someone acts like a jackass at their rallies, for the tea partiers to be able to point to groups like this and say, "infiltrators".

top

I am nerd

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 4 years ago

Some of these pictures are downright scary. Safe for work.

Faux retro 'nerd' portraits

Evidently, all his models are actors and/or comedians, and their vintage clothes and accessories (right down to the black plastic Casio watch) are part of their schtick.

top

WTF is up with my cigarettes, man?

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 4 years ago

... i mean, they are constantly going out, and shit. I mean, WTF, i don't remember having to re-light them eigthteen times to smoke the whole fucking thing

top

"All Black People" Asked to Leave S. Jersey Wal-Mart

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 3 years ago

Store is looking at security video to figure out who made the announcement

Wal-Mart officials are looking at security tapes after an announcement was made for "all black people'' to leave a store in South Jersey.

A man used the public-address system at the Route 42 store in Washington Township Sunday night and calmly announced: "Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now.''

Patricia Covington and Shelia Ellington were inside the store when it happened and told the Courier Post that customers and store employees looked stunned when they heard it.

"In 2010, I want to know why such statements are being made because it flies in the face of what we teach them [our kids] at home, and that's tolerance for people," said Ellington.

Ellington and other customers let store management and police know they were upset.

They asked the store to use the same announcement system to apologize to customers that night, which it did.

Wal-Mart management called the incident "unacceptable," and said it's working to make sure nothing like this happens at any other stores.

Washington Township police and the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office are investigating the incident as a possible bias crime.

"I can't believe it in this day and age," Covington told the paper. "Wal-Mart needs to be more responsible."

Covington and Elllington are boycotting the store.

That's frickin' hilarious. I wish I could have been there.

If they catch the guy, he probably will be charged with a hate crime. Got to be careful with ones practical jokes these days. It's dangerous to have a twisted sense of humor when your fellow citizens do not.

top

Census Questions

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 4 years ago

I'm one of those types who is, as a matter of principle, opposed to any law requiring involuntary action. Sure, if a person puts himself into a position of having to act (as in driving, running a business, making money) well then, you have to adhere to the laws. But for just doing nothing more than existing, to be compelled by law to do certain things... well, again, it's a matter of principle.

Which is why I find the census question, "What race do you consider yourself to be?" offensive.

Last time the census came around, I just entered the names of the people in my household. Other than that, I left the rest of the form blank, and nothing came of it. No canvassers, no letters, no fines, no nothing.

This time, I'm going to write in an answer for the "race" question. I'm going to enter, "NATIVE AMERICAN". They don't have that as a selection (they have "American Indian") to prevent smart asses like me, I suppose. But you can write one in.

Technically, that's not lying, because I was born and bred in the states. And I'm always welcome to becoming a "test case" in the courts should it come to that.

It should be amusing to see the statistics, when they come out, for my area. 90% white, a handful of brothers and sisters, plenty of hispanics... oh, and a couple of Native Americans. heheheh

top

Dark Side of the Moon video

Le Marteau Le Marteau writes  |  more than 4 years ago

If you have any appreciation for The Dark Side of the Moon at all, and have not seen "The Making of the Dark Side of the Moon", you need to do this:

Find a spare hour or so. Google "making of the dark side of the moon" (or, preferably, stream it from Netflix). Click the "videos" tab and watch the video. It's a good fifty minutes... not just some youtube trifle.

You will find new appreciation for the album (sounds impossible, I know, but trust me on this). Interviews and demonstrations of how it was made, with all the players... actual videos of the Floyd as they were making it. It'll give you goosebumps (or make your nipples get hard... it did me, but I'm peculiar).

Plus, it's for free!

Eclipse (Waters)

All that you touch,
All that you see,
All that you taste,
All you feel.

All that you love,
All that you hate,
All you distrust,
All you save.

All that you give,
All that you deal,
All that you buy,
    (beg, borrow or steal).

All you create,
All you destroy,
All that you do,
All that you say.

All that you eat,
      (and everyone you meet).
All that you slight,
And everyone you fight.

All that is now,
All that is gone,
All that's to come,
And everything under the sun is in tune,
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

Slashdot Login

Need an Account?

Forgot your password?

Submission Text Formatting Tips

We support a small subset of HTML, namely these tags:

  • b
  • i
  • p
  • br
  • a
  • ol
  • ul
  • li
  • dl
  • dt
  • dd
  • em
  • strong
  • tt
  • blockquote
  • div
  • quote
  • ecode

"ecode" can be used for code snippets, for example:

<ecode>    while(1) { do_something(); } </ecode>