Welcome to the Slashdot Beta site -- learn more here. Use the link in the footer or click here to return to the Classic version of Slashdot.
We are sorry to see you leave - Beta is different and we value the time you took to try it out. Before you decide to go, please take a look at some value-adds for Beta and learn more about it. Thank you for reading Slashdot, and for making the site better!
Well, sort of. It looks like the old database is there, in a new fancy
site, but there's something missing.
On the old site, there was an easy way to get XML dumps of the sites
in a region. I made heavy use of that in plotting the locations of
urls on maps at mapper.ofdoom.com.
Now, once the data goes in, there's no apparent way to get it back out
in a form that can be easily reused.
I noticed the same thing with some others of the replacement sites,
such as geourl.info. It's easy to add
data, but hard to get it back out.
I think I'll keep working on and improving my implementation of the
same idea geocrawler.mapper.ofdoom.com.
After all, it's too good of an idea to leave in the hands of one site
(in case it disappears again), and all of my query pages support
returning results in XML and RDF. (plus I have a downloadable dump of
the entire database.
Sequence Error: Unable to perform edit. The duration of the resulting sequence would exceed 4 hours.
It happened when I was trying to clean up the 6 hour chunk of audio from Friday's IPM. I brought in my laptop and a iMic, to grab an uncompressed version of the whole show, so I could crunch it down into QuickTime (Mpeg-4 AAC) at various bit rates (and eventually ABR MP3 and ogg) to compliment the old RealAudio archives.
I wanted to trim some silence off of the beginning, run a filter on some talk segments that had popping in the background, and see how hard it would be to mark start/end points of songs to add a text track with the song names, but I had to just crunch the raw audio.
Next time I think I'll see if I can break Peak DV...