Top 10 worst reasons Brits gave for stopping on a hard shoulder on motowayhypnosec (2231454) writes "Motorists stop on hard shoulders mainly for either of the following two reasons: breakdowns or crashes – however, these are not the only two reasons as Highway Agency has revealed that motorists give out a range of bizarre reasons for stopping on hard shoulders.
- One motorist pulled over because they saw fire” on their dashboard display, it later turned out it was the name of the Adele track they were listening to.
- One motorist parked up and fell asleep on the M6.
- People stopping to read a map or check their sat-navs.
- Traffic officers stopped with two cars on the hard shoulder – the owners were half way through the selling and buying process for one of the cars.
- One driver realised their car insurance policy was up for renewal – they were ringing around for quotes to renew.
- Parents feeding children.
- Taxi drivers waiting on the hard shoulder around Heathrow airport for their client’s flights to arrive.
- A mobile phone operator, stopping at regular intervals in their private car carrying out signal tests on the hard shoulder.
- A driver who stopped to pick flowers.
- Have you broken down Sir? No, came the reply, we are taking pictures of our new born grandchild (in their open top sports car) as it is a lovely day.
Link to Original Source