I just signed up with youtube and put up a few videos. (Under a CC BY-SA license.)
I searched for copyleft to see what other copyleft works were on there and found a lot of works tagged or otherwise marked as copyleft but with explanations indicating that they were not actually copyleft.
I am going to try and document Free, Open, and Copyleft confusions as I find them out in the wild. I invite you to join in if you wish.
Found with a copyleft search on youtube but this is not copyleft:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItNmoBl5lE ( Copyleft - Creative Commons Deed: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/1.0/ The NC here makes this not copyleft.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJIG5OjKcVU "Multiracial Alliance Building Peace Conference and is 100% copyleft and non-copyrighted so we encourage people to duplicate it and circulate it around the world!" Claims to be copyleft and non-copyrighted at the same time. If it is public domain, it can't be copyleft. What is really meant?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q2HFkAIbjo Tggged: copyleft. site: http://www.cincinman.info/index.html "Cin Cin Man" was COPYRIGHTED and promptly COPYLEFTED (anybody is free to use it, improve, change, mutilate, but with NO commercial purposes/ www.creativecommons.org). No commercial purposes means this is not copyleft.
1. All 'non'marked' works get an automatic copyleft, not an automatic copyright.
2. Copyleft works can be registered for free, copyright works incurr a registration fee.
3. There is a yearly copyright tax imposed on copyright works, copyleft works are exempt.
4. The copyright tax is based on a percentage of the copyright holder declared value of the work.
5. The copyright holder will be encouraged to declare an honest value by having to sell the copyright to to work at the declared value or 5 percent above that value to any and all comers. At the value if the purchaser will put the work under a copyleft, 5 percent above if the purchaser will keep the work copyright.
6. Copyright status lasts for 10 years, then the works convert to copyleft for another ten then they go into the public domain.
7. Orignally copyleft works remain copyleft for the life of the author (and perhaps plys whatever.)
8. Works building on public domain works are not elegible for copyright status, only copyleft. (Does this make any practical sense??)
Can we figure a way to give "jail" time for corporations convicted of crimes that would send humans to jail?
OK, corporation not allowed to do business while in "jail." (Except where human would be allowed to carry on business from jail.
Objection: Employees will suffer.
Employees, except those guilty of the crime keep runnig the company. They get their pay. All profits go to government to make good victims. First of the corporation/crime, then of other crimes.
I mean, why should a human face fines and jail time if they violate the copyrights of a corporation when a coproration only faces fines when it violates the copyrights of a human? What happened to equal protection under the law? (Is that the correct term?)
I keep having ideas for improving slashdot. At least I would consider these changes/feature improvements. I keep forgetting to note them so I decided to put them here and work on them from time to time.
1. Some way for me to easily find and take posession of my AC posts. Issue: I often post from other machines that I do not trust or where I cannot remember my password at the time. I would like to be able to claim these posts.
2. Although "Subscribers can view entire comment history for all users" I think registered users should at least be able to see all of their own posts.
3. A way to search the text of comments for individual stories. I looked for something like this just now and thought I found it in "search discussion" but something is not working for me there. Ah, just did some experimenting, that seems to search in comment subjects and not in the actual text. I want to search in text.
4. A colour code (or some other means) when replying to comments to show the parent poster's standing as to your friend, fan, foe, and freak lists.
I have had more ideas recently that I cannot seem to remember at the moment. More as I remember or think of new ones.