We're not going to get off this rock until people start doing shit...
Yeah, but it will be a lot easier once we have replaced ourselves with robots. We might as well just wait and explore the universe after that happens.
Dual-use technologies work both ways, smarty-pants: if you break the algorithm, it's broken for the good guys, too, and the bad guys pwn everyone who thinks they are safe.
The cleverness of Dual_EC_DRBG is that it really is broken in a limited way. It produces numbers that are random to everyone who doesn't know the seed or a particular private key, which we assume only the NSA has. It's just as secure as using any "good" random number generator and then sending the seed to the NSA using public key encryption.
We need real laptops which can at least run prime calculation at advertised turbo boost speed, full cores/threads for an entire day.
What the hell are you trying to do with these things? Is the NSA starting up a mobile service now?
You have a source for that?
The poll that you supplied supports GP's argument. From the data, 40% of people change religion after birth, but over half of that is caused by people switching "within the same tradition" (e.g. changing from Baptist to Methodist or Agnostic to Atheist), and most of the rest is people leaving the church altogether. Only 4% of people in the survey were raised outside of religion and later joined a religion. So of all religious people in the survey, 96% got there by being born, and the other 4% were raised non-religious and then later became affiliated with a religion. By any reasonable definition, 96% is a "vast majority".
As to your anecdote, some denominations (e.g. Charismatic) cater to the "born again" crowd and so will be composed of a lot of converts, which others (Catholic, Episcopal) are composed almost entirely of people who were born or married into the faith.
Providing the console you were using was set as one of your primary consoles, then downloaded games (including PS+ games) were also fine all day.
Not completely. I tried to play a PS+ game that I haven't played in a couple of months. It turns out is was "expired" and it needed to be reactivated by talking to PSN. The activation service was offline, so no dice. This was on a PS3.
Currently the Irish navy has deployed one vessel to maintain a 2 mile exclusion zone around the island.
I hope, for all our sakes, that the U.S. military does the same thing around movie theaters after the film is released.
One good reason why computers can do more work than people is that they never have to stop and answer the phone.