Yes it is unbelieve that standard input fields are currently not available. What I would like to see as standard input fields on the web.
1) Date field where you can specify how the date is displayed to the user and how the date field is actually sent to the server.
2) Time field with same option as the date field.
3) Timestamp field with date time.
4) Date range field.
5) Integer number field with max min values but not with incremental buttons, and that display only number input on mobile.
6) Currency field with specified currency and max min values.
7) Country selector field with flag display that submits country code.
8) Credit card number field, max min size and with optional LUHN check before submit.
9) Phone number field with country selector.
10) Email field with validation
11) Simple HTML editor field with simple formatting like bold, italics, numbered lists e.t.c
12) Image attachment field. Where you can select an image on your hard disk and it displays as an image in the browser before you submit.
13) Video attachment field. Where you can select a video on your hard disk and it displays as a video in the browser before you submit.
14) Audio attachment field. Where you can select an audio on your hard disk and it displays as audio in the browser before you submit.
15) Simple table editor field. Where you can specify the table data as input in CSV and the result as are sent as CSV.
All of these input fields are possible today but with a lot of kludges and hacking and very specific custom HTML. As it is now everybody in the world has to implement all of these types again and again.