I can't recall "geek" ever being a punchable, offensive word, and I'm old enough to recall when those terms (nerd, geek, etc) were derogatory. Probably because most real geeks don't have the realistic option of resorting to fists.
Whenever I turn flip through stations on FM, 83% of them are running commercials, and the other 17% are playing garbage. As posted earlier, AM stations are more useful, generally geared towards news and weather.
The distributed hash table (DHT) functionality in BitTorrent doesn't include the ability to mod the torrent (good quality, fake, etc), which is how junk torrents are filtered out from real ones. Plus, not all BitTorrent clients support DHT, so you reduce the peers, which is where the real power comes from with BitTorrent.
3DTV used the wrong 3D, the "fake your eyes into thinking you're there" kind of 3D. What would be far more useful and likely adopted quicker is the free viewpoint 3D, where the user can choose their own camera perspective, not being locked into what the director chose.